A look at the sky news of the week:
- Alaska Airlines is nearing a deal to buy Virgin America. The deal could be done as soon as Monday.
- Boeing will cut 4,000 jobs from its commercial airlines division. According to this article, there won’t be involuntary layoffs. All the job cuts will come from employees leaving under a voluntary program, jobs being left vacant, or attrition.
- Here are five ways you can save big in Las Vegas. You’ll wanna read this because the house always wins.
- An American Airlines pilot was arrested this week accused of being drunk in the cockpit. He has been charged with operating an aircraft under the influence.
- A man was kicked off a United flight and arrested for doing yoga.