- The TSA can’t get out of it’s own way. The huge government-run operation is wasting money, and not making you safer. Here are three examples:
“In June of 2015, we found TSA lacked assurance that it properly vetted aviation workers possessing or applying for credentials that allow unescorted access to secure areas.”
“Another recent audit revealed that the safety of airline passengers and aircraft could be compromised by TSA’s inadequate oversight of its equipment maintenance contracts.”
“According to TSA, since 2009, it had spent $540 million for checked baggage screening equipment and $11 million for training. Despite that investment, TSA had not improved checked baggage screening since our 2009 report on the same issue.”
And by the way, for the 2017 FY, their operating budget is $7.6 billion.
- A flight attendant has been charged with stealing nearly 1,500 of those mini-bottles of alcohol. No she didn’t drink them. She tried to sell them online.
- Here’s a funny practical joke played on the TSA, and/or the dude whose bag it was. His buddies sure are quite the pranksters:
- A United flight was delayed thanks to an air marshal. Yeah, apparently he smelled of booze and had to be taken off the plane.
- American Airlines employees are getting quite a nice perk: high-fashion accessories for their new uniforms.