A look at the sky news of the week:
- Netflix will actually pay you $2,000/week (for two weeks) to travel and take pictures for Instagram. Interested? Here's how to apply
- Southwest Airlines is now serving Community Coffee, which they say is an upgrade. As a coffee fan, I certainly hope so. In addition to the coffee change, Southwest says for every pound served, they will donate to the ECOM foundation, “which funds educational programs for farmers and their families.”
- Both American Airlines, and Southwest Airlines helped Euless, TX police officers get to New York for the funeral of one of their own who was killed in the line of duty on Tuesday, officer David Hofer.
- It’s a skill you can’t afford not to know: how to take great photos with your smartphone.
- American Airlines hoping to have daily flights from the U.S. to Cuba. The flights will be from several airports including DFW International, Miami, Charlotte, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
- Southwest is also hoping to launch service into Cuba. They are looking to operate a dozen flights a day from Florida to the island nation. They’d all takeoff from either Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, or Tampa.
- Those who represent us in Washington, D.C. want to saddle the the airlines with more regulations to follow. This time it involves seat sizes.
- Thinking of vaping the next time you hit 35,000 feet? Unfortunately, you’re out of luck. The DOT has officially banned vaping.
You may also like:
-Airlines Beginning to Understand Seriousness of Zika Virus
-Boeing 747 Heading Towards Retirement
-How Starbucks Rewards Changes are Brewing up Trouble