- Things aren’t so rosy at American Airlines. The pilots union wrote a letter to the company’s CEO saying they’re “tired of apologizing to our passengers,” and have noticed the “rebirth of a toxic culture.” Like the pilots, we’re also awaiting the CEO’s response.
- Crew members having sex during flight? According to one study... they totally do.
- Not interested in heading to a beach for Spring Break? Check out these 5 alternatives. You’ll be glad you did.
- The stupidest new trend for hotels? No more closets or desks. Who can you thank for this? Millennials. At least, that’s according to hotels. The real reason, however, may be this:
“While hotels say this is what customers want, there is also a cost-savings. The big hotel chains don't own most of their properties but license out rights to them. And the owners and developers are pushing the parent companies to cut costs… That's one of the reasons Hilton's Tru will cost about $84,000 a room to build, compared to $110,000 for its Hampton Inn brand. And Best Western just launched a new brand, Glo, which will cost $65,000 per room for construction.
These rooms are also easier to clean meaning hotels can pare down their housekeeping staff.”
- Now this is a change we can all get used to! Boeing is developing a self-cleaning toilet. The company says they filed for a patent on a prototype they’re developing that uses ultraviolet light to kill nearly all the germs, after a use, in seconds.
- More and more seem to be flying the friendly skies. Airlines are reporting an increase in traffic in February. United says their February traffic is up 2.7%. American Airlines traffic increased by 4.7%, and Southwest Airlines traffic went up 13.5%.